Exotic pets such as birds, reptiles and snakes require wellness care too! They are usually small and usually live indoors, but they still have the potential to get diseases. And, just like pet dogs and cats, your exotic pet needs balanced nutrition, human interaction, and appropriate management of his/her environment.
Annual Examinations are Important for Exotic Pets
All exotic pets need an annual wellness exam. An annual exam gives us the opportunity to ensure that your pet is healthy and have baseline records and baseline blood values for future reference in the event that your pet is ever sick. An annual exam gives you one-on-one time with us so we can answer all of your health and behavior questions. It is best not to wait until a, exotic pet is showing signs of illness for their first exam as these types of pets often mask signs of illness until the illness is severe or maybe too late.
Our specialized veterinary care for exotic pets includes:
• Annual wellness physical examinations
• Parasite treatment and control
• Diagnostic testing, such as x-rays, blood tests, skin scrapings, and biopsy of growths
• Surgeries for spay, neuter, growth removal and fractures
• Medications and supplements tailored to the needs of your exotic pet
• Nutritional needs counseling
• Behavioral needs counseling
• Environmental needs counseling
• Wing and beak trimming
We Would Love to Meet Your New Pet!
If you have recently acquired an exotic pet, we recommend that you bring your pet to us for an exam within 1-2 weeks after receiving your pet to ensure their good health. We will discuss nutrition and behavior issues with you at your first appointment.